Monday, April 9, 2012

The Secret in their Eyes

Somebody on the internet asked me to see this movie and I did. I have not seen many Argentine movies, so it held that element of novelty to it for me. There is this scene when Irene is introduced as an Ivy League Lawyer and  is told by a cynical and corrupt colleague: "they don't teach the new Argentina at Harvard." I think the plot is great. The ending left me very pleased with the movie. The incarceration of isidoro Gomez and his 'nothingness' as Morales idea of justice is very interesting. And like I read in another review- pathos is selling the movie, really. Morales is a character you can't help but sympathise with.
What I didn't like was the love story between Irene and Esposito. I just didn't buy it I think. I thik there was any reason for him to flee without her, the movie tries to build a political context around it, but I don't think I was too convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment